During the lesson, invite students to reflect on the following prompts:
Before the case study
- What is one thing you would like to change in your school, community or society?
- What could you do to change it?
After the case study
- What could happen to a civic action if you removed one of the four ways to take civic action? (Example: If a bill is introduced in Parliament, but there is no public support; OR there are a lot of individuals taking action, but no groups are organized.)
- Would the events of the case study be similar or different today?
For individual reflection
- Consider the action you wrote down at the start of the activity. What kind of civic action is it?
- Consider the thing you would like to change. What would it look like if you changed it for the better? What results would you like to see?
- What else could you do to take action on the thing you would like to change? Create a civic action plan using the Ways to Take Civic Action template.