Elections Canada may be able to support groups of educators in teaching elections and democracy with a virtual professional development (PD) workshop.
We tailor each virtual session to the needs of your group. You can use our resources in classes beyond civics and citizenship, including geography, history, language arts, media studies, and even math.
Our virtual PD sessions can also touch on the following key topics:
- Inquiry-based learning
- Literacy skills and language learner needs
- Global competencies
- Civic engagement
- Misinformation and disinformation
- Blended learning strategies
- Critical thinking
Who can participate?
- Secondary teachers in all provinces and territories
- Instructors, teacher-candidates, and student associations at Faculties of Education
- School departments and teachers’ associations
- Educators and consultants at school boards, divisions, departments, or ministries of Education
Register your group by filling out the online form. Can’t access the form? Email us.