This semester, join Elections Canada’s educators in a virtual PD session. We offer interactive workshops and presentations to support groups of educators on teaching elections and democracy. We’ll guide you through our free secondary-level resources and share tips and tricks along with versions adapted to blended classroom environments.
Who can participate?
- Secondary teachers in all provinces and territories
- Instructors, teacher-candidates, and student associations at Faculties of Education
- School departments and teachers’ associations
- Educators and consultants at school boards, divisions, departments, or ministries of Education
We tailor each virtual session to the needs of your group. You can use our resources in classes beyond just Civics and Citizenship, including Geography, History, Language Arts, Media Studies, and even Math.
Our virtual PD sessions can also touch on the following key topics:
- Blended learning strategies
- Critical thinking
- Inquiry-based learning
- Global competencies
- Civic engagement
- Literacy skills and language learner needs
- Misinformation and disinformation